Here is a great opportunity for a woman to work in the Student Life Department at OSU as an Application Developer. OSU gives this position the title code 8189. The classification is Systems Developer/Engineer. The Department Area is ACUHO-I.
To apply: Send your resume and any supporting materials to:
Shaun Holloway at email@example.com.
– In my experience it looks like you should send a targeted cover letter detailing how your unique experiences fit what OSU is looking for in this candidate
– You should target your resume to highlight your applicable experiences
– Also, because you’re submitting directly to a contact who is soliciting your applications, I think that you can submit work from your blog, URL, portfolio, or from class if you’re a grad student and back in school.
– If you’d like help to get this underway and you’re not sure where to begin you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be happy to assist any of you in submitting to this position. I don’t have any special knowledge, however one more set of eyes looking at your application could be a great benefit to you.
To apply for this position, OSU asks that you:
* Have at least a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field…
Equivalent experience and training
SO – if you cannot demonstrate your BS/BA in CS then DO state clearly in your cover letter, resume, and supporting materials how YOU are qualified. You may know that you are, however take the time to delineate why you are for someone who doesn’t know you.
3-5 years of obtaining results in a fast-paced, challenging, creative IT environment
– Again, show your stuff!
Exceptional internal and external customer service and communication skills
– How you respond to this call for applications will say a lot about your communication skills. Again, feel free to contact me at email@example.com to get my personal insights. I can help in so far as I can give you a second opinion, a fresh set of eyes, and my professional experience.
Strong knowledge of what application you will work with (see job posting for full list).
Please, please, please apply!!! If you’d like a pdf of the announcement please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I recommend this for anyone wanting to reply, if just to get the pdf. It won’t let me attach it here on this site.
Best of luck to everyone! I hope to see some interest.